Ile de Ré, the jewel of Charente-MaritimeBack to the list
You camping holiday close to La Rochelle will provide the occasion to explore the islands of Charente. Ile de Ré offers a range of visits and walks, particularly by bike.
Joined to the mainland by the Ile de Ré bridge, the island attracts many visitors every year who wish to enjoy its large fine sandy beaches.
Known for its marinas, its forests or even its famous salt marshes, Ile de Ré has also been able to highlight its historical heritage as shown in Saint-Martin de Ré, famous fortified citadel by Vauban.
- The ruins of the Notre-Dame-de-Ré abbey (free to visit)
- The Saint-Étienne church at Ars-en-Ré, with its characteristic bell tower
- The Ernest Cognacq Museum inside Vauban's fortifications with special children's routes (see downloadable documents)
- The Baleines lighthouse: over 250 steps up but what a view!
- Climb to the top of the Saint Martin de Ré church bell tower for a lovely panoramic view over the town.
If you are looking for a mobile home close to Ile de Ré, please contact the Abri-Côtier campsite on +33 (0)5 46 84 81 65.
Ile de Ré bridge ratesReturn trip for a car or camper van
|From April to 19th June and from 12th September||€8|
|From 20th June to 11th September||€16|
Good to know : free crossing for bikes. You can find your way on the bicycles tracks with your mobile thanks to the Tourist Office localization tool.